BEGINNERS GUIDE TO NATURAL LIVING
With healthy lifestyles now becoming the focus of mainstream culture, this book is a timely reference guide that can help many people who are just beginning to explore ways to care for their bodies and the earth.
Larry Cook launched two popular natural living magazines in 2000 and 2001: the Natural Life News & Directory in Montana, and The EcoVision Journal in Seattle, Washington.
He became a vegetarian after reading John Robbins' Diet For A New America, and has devoted himself to promoting natural, alternative remedies to today's health and wellness challenges.
Larry Cook covers the full range of natural living, including:
- Water: advantages and disadvantages of treatment
- Food: dangers in GMOs, additives, and irradiation
- Grocery shopping: food stores, health and beauty items, books
- Healthy eating: vegetarianism, dairy products, yin/yang balance
- Supplements: what you need and don't need
- Detoxification: colon, parasite, lymph and skin cleanse
- Medicine: allopathic, natural healing systems, remedies
- Dentistry: mercury, root canals, holistic dentistry