VEGETARIAN to VEGAN
The vegan diet has taken off, and people from all walks of life are committing to this new way of eating. But as the vegan diet gains popularity, many vegetarians who have already removed meat, poultry, and fish from their diets are wondering why they should give up dairy and eggs as well.
If you're in this situation, you may find yourself asking these questions:
- What's inhumane about eating dairy products?
- How does a little creamer in my coffee contribute to global warming?
- What's wrong with eating organic, cage-free, free-range, cruelty free eggs?
- Isn't it hard to be vegan if you travel a lot, have client dinners, and other social occasions?
- Doesn't a vegetarian diet (using fat-free dairy and yolk-free eggs) offer protection against heart-attacks and other diseases?
- And—the main one—how can I ever give up cheese?
Sarah Taylor delves deeply into the issues specific to dairy and eggs that you need to know to help you make an informed decision about whether to adopt a vegan diet. If you doubt that you could actually do it, you'll find the motivation you need to make the change, the tools you need to succeed, and delicious recipes by award-winning vegan chef Mark Reinfeld to prove how delicious a plant-based diet can be.