Your Guide to Growing Delicious Tomatoes at Home
Master gardener Jason Johns shares his love for and knowledge of growing this popular, savory fruit so that even novices can produce a bumper crop of their favorite varieties.
This in-depth guide teaches you how to:
- select the best seeds and seedlings
- grow tomatoes in beds, containers, or greenhouses
- nurture your plants so they produce an abundant crop
- choose companion plants
- prevent pests and diseases
- store and preserve your tomatoes to use later in the season
- make salsa, gazpacho, and other favorite tomato dishes
Growing your own tomatoes is an incredibly rewarding experience. If you follow Jason's guidance, you'll be guaranteed a healthy tomato harvest you can enjoy all season long.